battery & riding modes
detachable battery, no clutch or gears
Thanks to the high rpm and progressive span of the electric motor, throttling and braking is all there is to it. Best-in-class power density and state-of-the-art motor control algorithms come together for increased reliability and efficiency, at all speeds. The detachable battery can be charged installed in the bike or separate through a standard power outlet, for the highest convenience in the daily operation.
3 unique :work ride modes optimized for extended reach, efficiency and power. 1 custom ride mode customizable to fit specific user needs. All ride modes have different attributes in terms of top speed, acceleration, and torque.
- Reach:Limited top speed, maximum range. This ride mode puts minimum strain on the battery while enabling a top speed of 45km/h / 28 mph.
- Efficiency: Optimized for long range at high speeds. Reaching 70km/h / 44 mph, this riding mode has slightly slower acceleration to conserve more energy.
- Power: For maximum torque and speed, offering great acceleration and top speeds of 90 km/h / 56 mph.
- Custom: Create your own riding mode to fit your specific needs. Customize your ride mode in the CAKE Connect app.
2) 2-stroke motor brake with energy regeneration
3) 4-stroke motor brake with energy regeneration
Type: 10 A external charger from standard 110V/220V outlets
0-80%: 2 hours
0-100%: 3 hours
Removable, can be charged when installed in bike or separately
Built in SoC indicator
Cells: premium 18650 lithium cells
Voltage (nominal): 51.8V
Capacity: 50Ah / 2.6kWh
Drivetrain & brakes
A unique power-to-weight formula
The Kalk :work comes with a powerful drivetrain in combination with a lightweight chassis and components, creating a unique power-to-weight ratio. Everything from brakes to drivetrain have been tuned and optimized for efficient riding through rough terrain.
Type: Direct drive (chain)
Electric motor: Interior
permanent magnet motor
Power: 10 kW
Torque (motor axle): 42 Nm
Torque (wheel): 252 Nm
Formula motorcycle disc brakes, four pistons callipers. Hand lever for front brake, foot pedal for rear brake.
Stainless steel, 220mm diameter, 3.2mm thickness
suspension, wheels & tires
18″ tires for off-road efficiency
The Kalk :work comes with wide 18″ off-road tires, optimized for riding in harsh environments and remote areas. Its motorcycle rims together with its dual sport motorcycle tires meet the demands of both street and off-road surfaces.
Upside down MX spring forks with rebound adjustment, specially engineered for kalk.
Direct mounted shock for simplicity and robustness.
Hubs: Forged and CNC aluminium CAKE hubs with 25mm axle.
Rims: Front & Rear, 1.85″x18″ aluminium rims
Tires: Front & Rear, 3,50-18″ Continental TKC80 tires